Friday, June 27, 2008

Where would I be without Coach
Arnold, why don't you try gymnastics. That was the phrase that changed my life forever. Coming from a football family, I resisted for the longest time to commit to gymnastics. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know what it meant or what kind of sport it was. Coach continued to convince me to give it a try. Once I tried it, I never looked back. We all know that gymnastics was never used by coach as just a sport, it was used in a manner to teach life's lessons. Although not knowing it at the time, I look back now and see the real meaning of the sport of gymnastics and of Coach Dale Meddock. I am still very involved in gymnastics to this day. My wife and I own a gymnastics facility in the Tampa Bay area and have taken on the task of trying to get gymnasts scholarship. We have been very successful in this regard and it is a very difficult task. It is well worth the hard work because many of those athletes that went on to college would not have had the opportunity to go if it were not for gymnastics. I was very much the same way. If it were not for Coach's hard work, I would not have had the opportunity to experience college and own a business today. This is something that I could never repay. The experiences that I have gone through, the wife I now have, the life I now lead largely is due to Coach. I can only thank you from the bottom of my heart and appreciate you never giving up on me. I am so very sorry I could not make it there for this great occasion, I am there in spirit.

THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A LARGE PART OF MY LIFE!

Love,
Arnold Gwinn

1 comment:

John Edmondson said...

It is amazing how we all feel the same. Sorry we won't get a chance to meet. We visit Bonita Springs frequently, perhaps on one of our trips when we go up to Tampa we can connect.