Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thank God for the Angels He Sends Us!

Mr. Meddock,

I remember you introduced weight lifting to our class. I went home and explained to my Dad about wanting to get weights and lifting. His answer, NO! For some reason you and I talked in school and I explained my Dad’s position, No weight lifting! You stopped at the house and talked to my parents. After this, you were at my house three evenings a week teaching and coaching and lifting weights. Thank You!

In my Senior Year at Ambridge HS, I had the opportunity one evening to play basketball with the teachers at the Economy Jr Hi gym. After the game you ask me what I would be doing after HS Graduation. I said, “looks like I will be going into the Navy”. You inquired, “Last time I talked to you I remember you saying you were going to be a teacher. Why the change?” I explained that I did not get accepted at Slippery Rock for September, and that I would need to reapply for the second semester. You invited me into your office. There you ask me, “What do you really want to do? Go to the Navy or Teach?” I answered “Teach, but I didn’t get into Slippery Rock”. You said, “There are more colleges in the U.S.A. that just Slippery Rock!” Then pushed a chair over to your closet and stood on the chair and pulled out a Morehead State University catalog. You said check this, they have Health and Physical Education. Then you advised me to go home and talk to my parents, and if I was interested in Morehead to bring the application back to you. I did, and YOU mailed it!!

I graduated from Morehead and got my Masters at Morehead. And now as of June 2008, am retiring from teaching after 39 years. Thank You!!

But even more important, I met Jeanne, now my wife of 38 years, and have a wonderful family of four boys.

I Thank You. May God Bless You and your family. And I thank God for the Angels he sends us.

As you probably know my parents had the highest respect for you!


Pat Tate

Dunkirk , New York












(posted by BK on behalf of Pat Tate)

No comments: