Saturday, June 14, 2008

Response Comments to the “Guy’s Night Out” Invitation

The following was taken from the on-line invitation, in which invited guests were able to reply with comment.

Comments made by some guests, who replied yes to our invitation:

Randy Hawn
Most of what I learned to take on life and life's challenges, I learned at Baden Economy Junior high school. And, most of what I learned at Baden Economy Junior high, I learned from Mr. Meddock

Dave Mesko
This is a great idea! "Murd" certainly built a great legacy with the great teams that he coached over a couple of decades. Re: old photos, etc. - during my era (late
1970's) we videotaped practices and meets. Those tapes, if they can be found, would have a lot of footage of coach spotting guys, drinking diet pepsi, etc.< **

Jeff Finch
Thank you all for your efforts to put together this very worthy tribute to Mr. Meddock. I am honored to have been invited and I will certainly attend. PLEASE let me know how I can help!

Roger Besong
It's an honor to be invited to this. If nothing else, he deserves it just for putting up with me. Unfortunately, now I only have 2 months to get in shape and make something of myself! See ya there fellas. p.s. If we get hotel rooms will murd make us make the beds the next day?

Dave Yovanovic
I am just really looking forward to seeing old friend and be a part of this great event for such a great person. DY This is not my reply, I thinks it’s Sinchak's. Coach truly deserves this! What a memorable night it will be for all. I look forward to seeing former teammates of "Meddock's Monkeys" and I'm hoping for a good old fashion "Zeb Talk" See you g...

Shawn Meddock

I am Dale's oldest son Shawn and I will attend. All three of Dale's sons are touched that so many of our father's friends and former gymnasts and students are planning to attend this event. He is going to be extremely happy and surprised.

Jeff Meddock
Our entire family expresses sincere gratitude for this idea and hopes that many former athletes and friends will attend to make this a very special evening for my father. I am honored to serve on this planning team.

Terry Stumpf
Thanks so much for your efforts and work putting this together.

Jim Gemelas
You guys are great. What a nice idea! Jim

John Protulipac

Sorry this is so late ... I finally succeeded in rescheduling a business trip. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. Bill, what a great idea. Thanks for doing this for coach!!! John

Scott Knechtel
Thank you Bill for all you and the gang have done. I also can't wait to see Dale's face when he sees everyone.

Gary Vinciguerra
Wouldn't miss it. Have any of the following oldies been contacted. Bob Lewis, Jim Kruest, Lance Garrett, Mike Kellenger, John Basalaga, Mike Pappantonio, Darrell Kirshler,

Pat Besong
I'm coming! Not sure about staying in a hotel or what I'm going to do yet.

Tom Santry
This should be a great night. Knowing Dale as I do, once the original shock wears off, he will be absolutely thrilled to see his former students and the athletes he mentored. It should be an awesome event and the more guys the better.

Bill Kouvolo
I am looking forward to watching Dale Meddock's face, when he finds himself in the company of so many of his former student/athletes and friends.

John Edmondson

Come on let's get moving and plan on making this a great event. Remember it is people and relationships that enrich our lives. Let's all prioritize our lives to say "Thank you" to someone who touched our lives. Please everyone also reach out to people we missed that Mr. Meddock would like to see.

Jim Bosin
It should be a great day for Dale and his friends.

Pat Patterson
Looking forward to being there!

Comments made by some guests, who are not able to attend:

Dave Repp
Awesome idea – Props to the committee!!! I have three kids who are now competitive gymnasts. One is a senior in HS and accepted a full ride to Minnesota. We are traveling all over the country and I’m not sure about our June schedule yet or if we will have the finances to do so after Nationals and Visa Championships in May. If time and money allow, I wouldn’t miss it.

Ken Simosko
I deeply regret not being able to attend Dale's celebration party due to family and job obligations. I wish Dale and the family the very best, and I will visit with Dale the next time I make it back to Ambridge.

John Del Turco
Coach Meddock has influenced so many lives in a positive way. Sorry I'm unable to travel from Arizona to attend, but I will always remember the fun and friends I enjoyed at Ambridge along with Coach's dedication and kindness to all of us. Happy Birthday, Coach. May you have many more!

Herk Owens
I too would really like to see Coach again. And yes, I would like to attend this special tribute event to Dale however, I can not totally commit to my attendance just yet. I will have to update my attendance at a later date.

Bob Besong
Sorry I will not be able to attend Coach's birthday bash. I was just informed I will be out of town that week heading up a project for work. Please extend my best wishes to Coach Meddock. Someone please bring some chalk and put it in his drink, compliments of me. Thanks to all who were involved in planning this event.

Shawn Bell
Thanks for having included me. Due to a change in my schedule, I will not be able to attend. Please pass on my best wishes to Mr. Meddock & his family. He was a tremendously positive influence in my life. I will always be grateful. Additionally, I apologize for the delay in a final response and any inconvenience it may have caused.

Andrew Karnavas
I'm sorry I won't be able to attend - alas, I'll be celebrating my cousin's wedding in NY. Thank you all for putting together a great event for a great and worthy man who has touched many lives. My best to Dale and his loved ones and his incredible life. Enjoy and much love, Andrew Karnavas

Ray Mushinski
I held out until the last minute to try to work it in to my schedule but regretfully will not be able to make it. Give my regards to a great man who inspired me to attempt great things.

Don Wilson
I'm sorry but I won't be able to attend. Please pass along my regrets to Mr. Meddock.

Larry Byerly
My wife and I are planning a trip to Hawaii. I am sorry that I will be unable to attend.

Reid Powell
Unfortunately, I am going to be out of town. Hope you guys have fun.

Tom Besong
I will not be able to attend. Pass on my regrets as I would have loved to have been able to see Dale and all the guys.

Jeff Jeffers
With much regret I will be unable to attend. I will be on vacation. Jeff, please send my regards to your Dad.

Don Cokus
Jeff, I’d like to be there, but you know how my work schedule is. I was unable to get the night off. Have fun!

Pat Koty
I will not be able to attend but I hope all who do have a great time reminiscing and catching up.

Larry Besong
Sorry. I live in Houston, Texas and it is very difficult for me to make the trip.

Robert Lewis
Sorry, we will be away.

Tom Doyle
I would love to be there, but it is not possible at this time. My best to the Coach and all of you fine men.

No comments: